REPORT: EVIDENCE POINTS TO TURKISH GOVERNMENT FOR THE COUP ATTEMPT
“There are strong evidences to claim that the coup attempt, used as a pretext to purge critics of government, was planned and orchestrated by the government itself,” states a recent report by IAHRA in cooperation with NGOs in the UK, prepared on the 3rd anniversary of failed military coup attempt of 15 July 2016 in Turkey.
According to the report, the coup attempt on 15 July 2016 was used, maybe planned, to convince domestic and international community that the Gulen Movement is a terrorist organization.
The report sheds light on;
* Torture and ill treatment of critics and of Gulen Movement followers in particular.
* How an NGO, the Gulen Movement, was declared as a terrorist organization for the first time on 30 May 2016 by the Council of Ministers without any judicial decision.
* That an organization is a terrorist organization may be decided only by independent courts.
* Even if it was assumed for a moment that the decision of Council of Ministers were legally valid; all the individuals accused of being members of “FETÖ/PDY” may be responsible only for the deliberate acts conducted after 30 May 2016. They may not be held accountable for their lawful acts in the period during which the organization was regarded as an NGO.
* Suppression and unlawful acts of the government towards opposition to create one-man rule.
* Under Presidential regime, Turkey alienated from the democratic Western bloc and shifted towards authoritarian, dictatorial bloc.
Download the full report.